Don't Know What Version of Windows I Have
Windows has been sold in more than a dozen flavors since its debut in November 1985. How can you tell what version is really installed on your computer?
Open the Start menu, right-click Computer, and choose Properties. Look in the Windows Edition section at the top to see which version of Windows Vista you own: Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate.
In earlier versions of Windows, look beneath the word System to see the Windows version.
In this tutorial:
- Some Things You Don't Like in Windows Vista
- Can't Stand Those Nagging Permission Screens
- Can't Copy Ripped CDs and Purchased Music to My iPod
- The Menus All Disappeared
- Parental Controls Are Too Complicated
- The "Glass" Effects Slow Down My Laptop
- Can't Figure Out How to Turn Off My PC
- Windows Makes Me Log On All the Time
- The Taskbar Keeps Disappearing
- Can't Keep Track of Open Windows
- Can't Line Up Two Windows on the Screen
- It Won't Let Me Do Something Unless I am an Administrator!
- Don't Know What Version of Windows I Have
- My Print Screen Key Does not Work