The Menus All Disappeared
In Microsoft's zeal for giving Vista a clean look, the programmers swept away the folder menus used for the past decade.
To reveal a folder's missing menus, press Alt. The menus appear, letting you choose the option you are after.
To keep the menus from disappearing again, click the Organize button (shown in the margin), choose Layout, and choose Menu Bar from the pop-up menu.
In this tutorial:
- Some Things You Don't Like in Windows Vista
- Can't Stand Those Nagging Permission Screens
- Can't Copy Ripped CDs and Purchased Music to My iPod
- The Menus All Disappeared
- Parental Controls Are Too Complicated
- The "Glass" Effects Slow Down My Laptop
- Can't Figure Out How to Turn Off My PC
- Windows Makes Me Log On All the Time
- The Taskbar Keeps Disappearing
- Can't Keep Track of Open Windows
- Can't Line Up Two Windows on the Screen
- It Won't Let Me Do Something Unless I am an Administrator!
- Don't Know What Version of Windows I Have
- My Print Screen Key Does not Work