Finding out how much memory a computer has is one popular way to measure the computer's power and capabilities.
In this tutorial, you discover the purpose of memory and some of the different types of memory that are found in computers today.
This tutorial also discusses issues that affect the installation of memory in personal computers and laptops.
In this tutorial:
- Understanding the Types of Memory
- Read-Only Memory (ROM)
- Random Access Memory (RAM)
- CMOS RAM
- Shadow RAM
- Identifying the Types of DRAM
- Extended data output
- Rambus DRAM
- Memory Packages
- Understanding Error-Checking Memory
- Working with Cache Memory
- Installing or Upgrading Memory
- Installing memory on desktop PCs