ISP E-mail Filtering Features
Most ISPs now offer e-mail restrictions designed to protect your children's mailboxes from offensive e-mail. The restrictions are implemented by filtering the mail that arrives. The filters are automatic, based on criteria set up by the ISP. You can get more information about the filtering process from your ISP's Web site.
Most ISPs also offer filtering for spam, and because a great deal of offensive mail arrives as spam, enabling the spam filters for your family's mailboxes usually works to avoid offensive content in your kids' mailboxes.
In this tutorial:
- Tips and Troubleshooting (Wireless Network)
- Talk to Your Children about the Internet
- Set Controls on Contents
- Place Your Computers in the Right Locations
- Create Your Own Site Filters
- Use Software to Filter Sites
- Use ISP Restrictions
- Be Wary of Chat Rooms
- ISP E-mail Filtering Features
- Set Guidelines for the Level of Violence in Computer Games