Setting up Home Sharing
With Home Sharing, you have the ability to stream content from any PC or Mac to your iPad directly. You simply set up Home Sharing on your iPad, turn the feature on in iTunes, and you're good to go. Here are the steps for setting up Home Sharing:
- On your computer, open iTunes.
- Click the Advanced menu and choose Turn on Home Sharing.
A Home Sharing dialog appears.
- Enter your iTunes password and then click Create Home Share.
A message appears telling you to use the same account you just signed into on devices you want to share with.
- Click Done.
- On your iPad, tap Settings and then tap iPod.
- In the Home Sharing section, enter your Apple ID and password for the same account you used in iTunes on your computer.
- Tap the Home button and then tap iPod.
iPod opens and should now include a folder of items purchased on your PC.
- Tap the shared folder to display its contents.
You can now play any content in that folder from your iPad. To view shared videos, open the Videos app.