How to install Intel Application Accelerator
Installing the Intel Application Accelerator is very simple. This cool application will be running on your computer in no time if you just do the following:
- Visit http://downloadfinder.intel.com to download a copy of the Application Accelerator.
- Then once you have the file downloaded, install the application by following the onscreen directions.
- After the install is completed, reboot, and the Application Accelerator will be installed and running.
If you have a laptop that has a supported chipset, you should be aware that in the recent version of the Intel Application Accelerator, version 2.3, support for mobile devices was removed. You will have to install version 2.2.2 instead.
In this tutorial:
- Speeding Up Your Computer
- Working with the Windows Prefetcher
- The registry to optimize the Prefetcher
- Accelerate specific applications with prefetch
- Using the Intel Application Accelerator
- How well does the Intel Application Accelerator work?
- How to install Intel Application Accelerator
- Fine-Tuning the Windows Paging File
- Disabling the paging file
- Adjusting the size of the paging file
- Changing the location of the paging file
- Defragmenting Your Drive
- Defragmenting the NTFS master file table
- Adjusting Your Application Priorities
- Using Task Manager to adjust priorities
- Starting applications with a user set priority
- Using WinTasks to profile your priorities
- Speeding Up Your Network
- Disabling unneeded protocols
- Disabling a specific protocol
- Calculating settings for CableNut
- Using CableNut to adjust settings