Creating Hyperlinks for Custom Menus and Toolbars
To give you an idea of how easy it is to create a hyperlink and attach it to a custom menu or toolbar, follow along with the instructions for assigning a new hyperlink to a custom button on the toolbar it's called Choice Tools:
- Display the custom toolbar with the custom button to which you want to assign the hyperlink.
You can do this by choosing View → Toolbars followed by the name of the custom toolbar on the cascading menu.
- Right-click on the custom toolbar and then select Customize to open the Customize dialog box.
- Right-click on the custom button (the one with the Happy Face icon) and then choose Assign Hyperlink → Open on the shortcut menu.
Excel opens the Assign Hyperlink: Open dialog box that uses the same general layout and contains most of the same options (except for those used to add a custom ScreenTip) as the Insert Hyperlink dialog box you use to create hyperlinks you don't assign to custom menus and toolbars.
- With the Existing File or Web Page button selected in the Link To section, enter the URL in the Address text box and then click OK.
- Click the Close button in the Customize dialog box.
The procedure for assigning a new hyperlink to a custom menu item is almost the same. The only difference is that you open the Assign Hyperlink: Open dialog box in this case by right-clicking on the Custom Menu item (when the Customize dialog box is displayed) and choosing Assign Hyperlink → Open from its shortcut menu.