Adding Excel Spreadsheets to the SharePoint Site
After you've set up your SharePoint Web site, you can easily add to the site the worksheets you want to make available to other team members. Just log on to the home page of your SharePoint Services team site and then follow these steps:
- Click the Documents link on the home page of your SharePoint site.
- If you want to create a new document library for housing the spreadsheets, click the Create Document Library link. Then on the Create
Page that appears, click the Document Library link. Finally, fill in the information about the new document library on the New Document
Library page and click the Create button.
When you create a new document library, you're creating a new folder on the Web site into which you can upload the related documents to which team members need access. If you don't have many documents to share on the site, you can just put the spreadsheets in the predefined Shared Documents library.
- Click the Documents and Lists button on the toolbar and then, on the Documents and Lists page, click the name of the document library
into which you want to upload the spreadsheets.
To upload Excel spreadsheets into the generic Shared Documents library, click its hyperlink.
- On the document library's page, click the Upload Document button on the toolbar to open the Upload Document page for the document folder you selected.
- Upload a single document or multiple documents:
- Single document: Click the Browse button on the Upload Document page, select the Excel workbook file in the Choose File dialog box that appears, and then click the Open button.
- Multiple workbooks: Click the Upload Multiple Documents link on the Upload Document page, and then in the new window that appears, select the drive and folder containing the files. Finally, click the check boxes in front of their filenames.
- Click the Save and Close button on the Upload Document page.
- Click the Yes button in the Internet Explorer alert dialog box asking you if you want to continue.
When Windows finishes uploading the files you specified, you're automatically returned to the Document Library page where the workbook file names appear.
- Click the Home button on the SharePoint site's toolbar to redisplay the home page.