Sharing Data with Other Applications
One of the strengths of Access 2010 is its ability to share data with other applications. Microsoft Access is very capable of interfacing with data from other sources.
It can use data from any OLE DB or ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) data source, as well as data from FoxPro, dBASE, Paradox, Lotus, Excel, and many other sources. In this tutorial, you will learn how to interface with other Access databases, Excel, ASCII text files, and ODBC data sources.
In this tutorial:
- What Is External Data?
- Looking at Supported File Formats
- Exporting to an Excel Spreadsheet
- Exporting to ASCII
- Importing from Another Access Database
- Importing ASCII Data
- Linking to Tables in Another Access Database
- Linking to Another Type of Database
- Linking to SQL Server Databases
- The Linked Table Manager