Changing the format of a query field
The format of fields displayed in a query is determined by the field's properties in its native table. If the field is defined as having a currency format in its table, then that's what you see in the query. Note, however, that you can change the format of any field for the query.
To change the format of a field, follow these steps:
- In Design view, right-click anywhere in the column that contains the
field you want to format, and then choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
If a Properties sheet is displayed already, just clicking the field displays the properties for that field.
- Click in the Format property, and then click the arrow to display the format options.
The list of available formats drops down.
- Choose a format option from the drop-down list.
The format options in the Properties sheet are exactly the same as the options for the Format property in the field properties for a table, and you can use them in exactly the same way. However, when you format a field in a query, you only affect how that field appears in the query datasheet.
In this tutorial:
- Creating Select Queries
- Types of Queries
- Creating a Query in Design View
- Creating a Query with the Simple Query Wizard
- Viewing Your Query
- Tips for Creating a Query
- Editing a Query
- Sorting a query
- Changing the format of a query field
- Limiting Records with Criteria Expressions
- Using dates, times, text, and values in criteria
- Using multiple criteria
- Using lookup fields in criteria
- Working with Multiple Related Tables
- Working with Query Datasheets
- Saving Queries