Vista Troubleshooting Network
There are so many hardware components to deal with (from the network adapter to the cable to the switch to the router) and so many layers of software (from the device drivers to the protocols to the redirectors to the network providers) that networks often seem like accidents looking for a place to happen.
If your network has become a "notwork" this tutorial offers a few solutions that might help.
In this tutorial:
- Repairing a Network Connection
- Checking the Connection Status
- Checking for Solutions to Problems
- Troubleshooting Using Online Resources
- Checking Connectivity with the PING Command
- Troubleshooting Cables
- Troubleshooting the NIC
- Viewing the NIC in Device Manager
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network Problems
- Reverting to an Earlier Configuration