Translating Foreign-Language Text
PowerPoint offers for translating words and phrases from one language to another. The translation is good only for translating single words and well-known phrases. To translate an entire PowerPoint presentation, you have to seek the help of a real, native speaker. Follow these steps to translate text:
- Select the word or phrase that needs translating and then go to the Review tab.
- Click the Translate button. The Research task pane opens.
- Under Translation, choose a From option and a To option.
For example, to translate from English to Spanish, choose English in the From drop-down list and Spanish in the To drop-down list.
The translation, if PowerPoint can make it, appears in the task pane.
In this tutorial:
- Working with Text
- Adding a Text Box to a Slide
- Finding and Replacing Words or Phrases
- Writing on Slides During a Presentation
- Creating and Saving Customized Theme Fonts
- Adding Bulleted Lists
- Using Headers and Footers
- Formatting with WordArt
- Correcting Your Spelling Errors
- Fine-tuning the spell checker
- Working with Text Written in a Foreign Language
- Translating Foreign-Language Text
- PowerPoint Text Tips