Swapping one template for another
Suppose you decide on the blank presentation or a certain template when you create a presentation, but you regret your decision. You want a different template. As long as you already created a presentation with the template you want, you can impose its template design on your presentation. If necessary, create a presentation using the template you want, and then follow these steps to swap another presentation's template for your presentation's template:
- Select the last slide in your presentation and then on the Home tab, open the drop-down menu on the New Slide button and choose Reuse Slides. The Reuse Slides task pane appears.
- Click the Browse button and choose Browse File on the drop-down list. You see the Browse dialog box and then locate and select the presentation with the template you want, then click the Open button. Slides from the presentation appear in the Reuse Slides task pane.
- Click the Keep Source Formatting check box. You can find this check box at the bottom of the Reuse Slides task pane.
- Right-click a slide in the task pane and choose Insert All Slides on the shortcut menu. All slides from the other presentation arrive in your presentation with their formatting intact.
- Click the View tab and then click the Slide Master button. You land in Slide Master view.
- Scroll to the top of the Slides pane, right click the first slide (the Slide Master), and choose Delete Master on the shortcut menu. All the slides take on the formatting of the new Slide Master.
- Click the Close Master View button on the Slide Master tab to leave Slide Master view. You likely have to delete the slides that arrived along with the new template, but that is a small price to pay for being able to commandeer an entirely new template.