Locating a document
Before long, you'll have created several documents, and chances are you're going to want to go back and work on some of them. As with creating new documents, locating a document is done the same way in each of the iWork apps.
To locate a document, follow these steps:
- Tap any of the iWork app icons to launch the application. The documents screen appears.
- View the documents and find the one you want to work with.
You'll see your current documents in the center of the screen. Browse through the documents by flicking to the right or left. Below each document, you see its title and the date you last worked on it.
- Tap the document you want to work with.
The document opens, and you can begin working in it.
In addition to using the document screen to locate a document, you can use the four buttons at the bottom of the screen to take other actions. The two on the left let you share documents and use documents that others have shared, which later in this tutorial in the "Managing Your iWork Documents" section. You should recognize the two buttons at the right from other software you have used:
- New Document (+): Click this to create a new document from a template or duplicate the current document.
- Trash: This button lets you move the current document to the trash.
In this tutorial:
- iWork for iPad Apps
- Presenting the iWork for iPad Apps
- Getting Familiar with the iWork Interface
- Locating a document
- Identifying other common iWork features
- Working with Photos and Images
- Managing Your iWork Documents
- Copying a file from an iWork for iPad app
- Moving files to your computer from your iPad
- iWork.com: Playing well together